You know your clients. We know philanthropy. Together we can ensure your clients make the best decisions for making a difference on the Lower Shore and across the country. We’ve developed our financial policies to optimize the impact of every gift and to simplify the giving process. We manage funds carefully and invest wisely.
Please let us know how we can help you aid your clients in developing long-term giving plans.
Points to consider:
- Clients may believe a private foundation is their only option for long-term involvement with assets they set aside for charitable purposes. In reality, the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore, Inc. offers numerous advantages for giving that provide ways for them to stay engaged in giving, while avoiding many of the hassles of private foundation management.
- Clients who already have a private foundation may find there are several benefits in converting it to a fund at the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore, Inc. and avoiding some of the hassles (and costs) of private foundation management.
- In either case, we offer numerous types of funds to consider. Each allows your clients to remain involved in grant making, if that is their desire. Their intent, name, and pattern of charitable giving will be maintained—in perpetuity if they wish.
- With the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore, Inc., your clients also have the freedom to give outright gifts – cash, stock, closely-held securities, real estate, or personal property and receive maximum tax benefits—all while helping the community now and forever. It may not be possible to put certain complex assets into a private foundation.
- Additionally, your clients have the ability to make deferred gifts through life insurance policies, charitable remainder trusts, and charitable gift annuities while gaining tax and financial benefits.
Whatever your question, the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore, Inc., can be a resource to you in helping your clients meet their philanthropic goals.
If you or your client is interested in opening a fund at the Community Foundation, or for more information about how the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore, Inc. assists professional advisors in their work with your clients contact Erica Joseph, Vice President, Community Investment, at 410-742-9911, or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.